So, you have a rental property, whether it be a vacation residence or a suburban home, and you want to choose the right mattresses to ensure that your renters have sound sleep. So, which one is the best mattress for a rental property?
The good news is that there is a huge choice available from many retailers and online merchants.
The bad news is that your mattress is likely to go through quite a mauling, depending on the habits and peculiarities of your tenants.
With this in mind, you’re not going to rush out and spend thousands of dollars on the best mattresses that can be bought.
What you are looking for is cost-effectiveness and space savers, because that is the order of the day.
- Easy to use space saving design
- Satin finished hardware
- Easy to assemble cabinet and fully assembled base
- Solid Hardwood Construction
- Includes a 6-inch Tri-Fold Premium Gel Memory Foam Queen Mattress
- Room for pillows and sheets when bed is closed (approx. 6")
You may well consider wall beds, otherwise known as Murphy beds.
These beds are built into the wall and can be stored upright when not in use. Much more here on mattresses for wall beds and it’s important to remember that any type of mattress can be used.
Ensure, though, that your dimensions of the base are correct before choosing the mattress.
It’s great to realize that any size bed can be yours for the taking, and even if your property is very small, space with these fold-ups is not a problem!
- WATERPROOF - YOUR MATTRESS STAYS DRY AND CLEAN. Royal Mystique Zippered Vinyl Mattress Protector provides comfortable waterproof protection, protecting your mattress from spills and stains. Great for those with kids and pets, or dealing with bedwetting or incontinence. Our soft vinyl mattress cover is cool and comfortable.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION PROVIDES DURABILITY. Our Vinyl Zippered Mattress Cover is constructed of heavy duty vinyl and fully encases your mattress with a zipper closure. With a reinforced zipper, this mattress cover can stand the test of time against any abuse you may bring to it. These vinyl mattress covers are available in 2 different depths. The 9" deep mattress cover fits a standard depth mattress, and the 16" deep mattress cover fits an extra deep mattress.
- EASY CARE AND CLEANING. The Vinyl Mattress Protector is easy to maintain. Simply wipes clean with a damp cloth. Not machine washable.
Protective bedding is one major point to keep in mind, as even if you’ve spent a few hundred dollars on your mattresses, that’s an investment, even though it may be a short-term one.
You’re still, then, going to need to extend the life of the mattress. The company Protective Bedding (www.protectivebedding.com) suggests that you use something that will keep the mattress in mint condition, without having to replace it for the next set of tenants.
This company speaks of zippered vinyl mattress encasement to protect the mattress against all that it is prone to – fluids, stains, burning, dust mites, and bed bugs, to mention but a few of the mattress ills.
The site proclaims, “they are totally waterproof, and can be easily cleaned with a disinfectant between users”.
The heavy-duty 6-gauge vinyl is apparently the most popular for rental units. The writer also mentions that in addition to zippered vinyl coverings, there are skirted vinyl covers that protect three sides, and can be easily removed and replaced.
The good news is they sell cheap, so they are the least expensive option available. They also come in a broad range of sizes, from twin to king, and are also available in a variety of depths.
- Balance: The Element is engineered to combine both softness and support. The top layer of memory foam comforms to your body to relieve pressure.
- AirScapeTM: A layer of AirScapeTM perforated breathable foam increases airflow and circulates air so you don't get too hot at night. The tiny holes move hot air and body heat away.
- Support: The durable base foam is engineered to prevent sinking and sagging while supporting your whole body.
While you’re in the mattress market, you’re sure to come across the name Casper, which has been called an “uppity” start-up by those who are either jealous or just plain tired of hearing the name.
The mattress which is all the rage across the US had been awarded very mixed reviews.
Although many have praised it, others have said that the first decent night’s sleep after enduring’ the Casper at home, was when they checked into a hotel, which just had a normal old mattress’.
The Best Mattress for a Rental Property
There you have it in a nutshell. There are many variables when choosing mattresses for rental properties.
On the one hand, you don’t want to get slapped with a lawsuit from someone who’s now got a back condition after sleeping on a terrible foam mattress, and believe me, that’s not as far-fetched a scenario as it may seem, you also don’t want to spend a lot of money on mattresses that are vulnerable to the elements’ out there.
You also must think of space, and with that being at such a premium these days, the most sensible choice would be the Murphy bed, or others of different makes, that can be stored away during non-sleeping times.
At the end of the day, you must consider how much you’re charging for your rental and base your decision on that. If it’s smart, getsmart. If it’s not-so-smart, get not-so-smart. It really is as easy as that.
Last update on 2021-01-24 at 03:14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API