Commonly referred to as single mattresses, twin mattresses are designed for twin beds, which are sets of two mattresses. The standard size for these mattresses is of 75 inches in length and 39 inches in width, although in some countries the width can be narrowed down to 36 inches. On the other hand, extra long twin sizes are also available and they are commonly found in college dorm. Here are some brief reviews of the best twin mattresses on the market:
1. The Signature Sleep Contour Twin Mattress
- A layer of high density foam at the top and bottom of the mattress gives you a comfortable embracing feel to minimize the feeling of the coils
- 7" 15 gauge independently encased coils provide an equal weight distribution by contouring the curves of your body, relieving pressure points
- The reversible feature provides extra versatility enabling you to flip and rotate the mattress to even out the wear and last for years to come
This contour twin mattress by Signature Sleep measures 8 inches in thickness and it is specifically designed to offer a great and perfectly contoured support of the sleeper’s vertebrae. This luxury mattress is designed using 480 tempered steel along with independently encased coils that provide an even and efficient weight distribution, thus relieving the pressure points along the back and the neck.
The tempered steel within this twin mattress also eliminates any disturbance caused by motion during the night, which allows two users to move freely and independently without disturbing each other. The coils are also protected by two cushioning layers and they feature a non woven fabric insulation pad along with a thick foam layer that also adds to the comfort and unparalleled body support offered by this Signature Sleep Mattress.
The mattress has a layer of polyester and foam right between the coils and the cover, which also adds to its overall support, and it is designed to fit into a standard twin bed frame. In addition to this, the mattress is very easy to unpack and it expands to its full size within hours from the moment you de-compress it.
2. The Brentwood Intrigue Quilted Innerspring Mattress
- COOLING MEMORY FOAM: 3.5-inches of gel memory foam conforms to your body for greater pressure relief and proper spinal alignment. Reduces tossing and turning and eliminates motion transfer.
- NATURAL BAMBOO & ORGANIC WOOL: Our soft bamboo derived rayon stretch knit cover is lined with GOTS and OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified organic wool to wick moisture, regulate temperature, and prevent odor. It's also removable so you can replace it when it's time for a refresh.
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Fiberglass free. Greenguard Gold Certified nontoxic and low VOC. Made with CertiPUR-US foams free of flame retardants, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and phthalates.
This is yet another innerspring mattress made in the United States of America by Brentwood, it measures 7 inches in thickness, it is slightly quilted and it has an advanced innerspring support system. This twin mattress is designed to help the user enjoy a relaxing and refreshing night’s sleep due to its 216 gauge tempered steel coils that add to the therapeutic qualities of the mattress.
In addition to the inner springs, the mattress also features durable layers of insulation and a quilted layer of plush that is very pleasant to the touch, for extra comfort and support. The mattress measures 75 inches in length, 38 inches in width and it meets all the Federal Flammability standards. Moreover, it also comes with a one year limited warranty from the manufacturer.
3. The Red Nomad Luxury Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- QUALITY SLEEP EVERY NIGHT: Red Nomad memory foam mattress topper queen is made with premium viscoelastic material infused with gel and is temperature and weight sensitive, adjusting to the shape of your body. This firm mattress topper allows you to sink into the mattress and enjoy a relaxing night’s rest with the support of a firm 3 inch mattress topper.
- COOLING FEATURES: Our innovative foam mattress pad design is produced with technology to provide you with a sweat free and comfortable sleep. Gel particles are fused into the visco elastic foam together which absorbs the heat, creating a more breathable foam, regulating your body temperature while you sleep. Cooling memory foam is for you to feel good and sleep even better with this temperature moderated sleeping pad.
- ABSORBS MOTION & BACK PAIN RELIEF: Therapedic memory gel material reduces motion transfer and absorbs the movement in an isolated manner. This movement absorption allows for few sleep disruptions and for you to snooze in peace. Feel supported as the memory foam molds to your body, providing pressure point relief and proper spine alignment. Your hips, shoulders and back will feel the support by the firm mattress topper.
Made by Red Nomad, this is a luxury memory foam mattress that measures 10 inches in thickness and that comes with a bamboo cover. Made with CertiPUR-US certified foam, this mattress is available in a standard twin size, it has a 3-inch layer of ventilated memory foam with a density of 2.5 pounds per square foot, and it also features a 7-inch thick polyurethane foam base.
The CertiPUR-US certification shows that the mattress has very low emissions that do not interfere with the quality of the indoor air, it is durable and eco-friendly. Moreover, this mattress is specifically designed with the chiropractic patients in mind who need efficient pressure point relief to get rid of the neck, shoulder and back pain.
The secret lies in the memory foam that is specifically designed to offer a great level of ventilation, thus preventing the mattress from retaining the heat and ensuring a constant sleeping temperature. At the same time, the bamboo cover that comes with the mattress has antibacterial and anti-mite properties, it is hypoallergenic and it is 100% washable, thus allowing you to keep both the cover and the mattress clean and refreshed.
4. The Sleep Master Smooth Top Therapeutic Memory Foam Mattress
- Mattress layers include: 1" super soft foam quilted into the cove and a 5" iCoil base
- ICoil system includes hundreds of independent coils minimizing motion transfer
- Mattress is compressed and ships in a small box
Available in a twin size, this is a six inch thick smooth top therapeutic memory foam mattress by Sleep Master, and it is designed to take your comfort and relaxation to the next level. The mattress comes with a 4.5-inch thick layer of high density foam that will offer efficient and even support for your entire body, from head to toe, followed by a 1.5-inch top layer of premium memory foam that specifically contours itself around for body, for the ultimate comfort.
This twin mattress is infused with both Active Charcoal and Evergreen to prevent it from releasing that distinct chemical odor most mattresses emit after they are unpacked. This infusion absorbs all the moisture and it does not affect the indoor air quality in any way. The content of the mattress also uses Bio Foam, which contains natural seed oil and is CertiPUR-US certified as well.
The mattress comes with a zipped cover that is machine washable, it comes with a 5 year limited warranty from the manufacturer and it is also designed to help you experience a rejuvenating and relaxing night’s sleep.
How To Choose The Best Twin Mattress
Although twin mattresses are commonly associated with children, it is not uncommon for adults to have twin beds that require this type of mattress. Twin beds and mattresses were very popular during the 19th century when they were firstly invented, mainly amongst married couples who were able to get a comfortable and relaxing night’s sleep without bothering their partner with their movement. More than 100 years later, twin mattresses are still very much appreciated.
1. Decide On The Budget
Twin mattresses are often more affordable than queen, king or California King size mattresses, and for a good reason. Depending on your bed frame (single or double), it is important to come up with a budget, as this will help you find a mattress that does not exceed the set costs.
2. Check The Store Policies
Each mattress store and authorized vendor has its own policies when purchasing a single or double twin mattress, and it is important to check them before making your purchase. Most of them allow you to try them at home, others give you a 15-minute in-store trial, while other store offer a 30-day money back guarantee, on a “no questions asked” basis, if you are not satisfied with the mattress.
3. Select The Right Firmness
The quality of a twin mattress can be easily checked by looking at the overall design of the mattress, as well as by checking its level of comfort. If you choose an innerspring single twin mattress, then make sure that it is well padded – also, the more independently encased spring coils there are, the more support it will offer and the more durable it will be over the years.