If you're a side sleeper, it can be hard to find a mattress that fits your needs. That's why we've set out to find the best mattress for side sleeper. You don't want a mattress that's too hard, but you want to keep your hips and spine in alignment. Luckily there are many mattresses for side sleepers out there.
The mattresses on this list are made by some of today's newest and most popular companies like Casper and Tuft & Needle. There's sure to be one on this list that's right for your budget and comfort level.
- 1 Comparison table
- 2 BEST MATTRESS FOR SIDE SLEEPER FAQ
- 3 HOW WE REVIEWED
- 4 OVERALL PRICE RANGE
- 5 WHAT WE REVIEWED
- 5.1 Nectar Mattress
- 5.2 LAYLA SLEEP COPPER INFUSED MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS
- 5.3 CASPER SLEEP ESSENTIAL MATTRESS
- 5.4 TUFT & NEEDLE MATTRESS
- 5.5 SPINDLE NATURAL LATEX MATTRESS
- 5.6 BROOKLYN BEDDING AURORA
- 5.7 PURPLE MATTRESS
- 5.8 DREAMFOAM IPEDIC SOJOURN
- 5.9 LINENSPA MATTRESS
- 5.10 ZINUS GEL-INFUSED MATTRESS
- 6 THE VERDICT
BEST MATTRESS FOR SIDE SLEEPER FAQ
WHAT IS THE BEST MATTRESS FOR SIDE SLEEPER?
The best mattress for side sleeper should be soft enough to cradle hips and spines comfortably. On the other hand, it shouldn't be so soft that it offers no support.
WHAT FEATURES DOES A BEST MATTRESS FOR SIDE SLEEPER HAVE?
The best mattress for side sleeper should have softer top layers and supportive base layers. This ensures side sleepers can sleep comfortably and in alignment.
WHAT IF I’M NOT HAPPY WITH MY MATTRESS?
We're sure you'll be happy with your picks for best mattress for side sleeper. If you're not, don't worry. Almost all offer generous return policies and warranties. Most of the companies on our list cover all costs of returning your mattress.
Give it a chance for at least 30 days or so, and if it's not meeting your needs, the manufacturer will arrange a return.
I HEARD MEMORY FOAM MATTRESSES SLEEP HOT AT NIGHT. IS THAT TRUE?
The best mattresses on our list have features like open-cell foam and cooling beads. Look for ones with special cooling features if this is a concern. You may be interested in a latex mattress instead, which sleeps cool.
WHERE CAN I BUY THE BEST MATTRESS FOR SIDE SLEEPER?
You can buy a good mattress from some of the top manufacturers on Amazon.com. Most of the ones on our list come packed in one box and are easy to unpack. It's as simple as unrolling the mattress and giving it time to regain its shape.
OVERALL PRICE RANGE
The best mattresses for side sleepers cost around $550 on the low end. On the high end, the best mattress for side sleeper might go for around $1500.
WHAT WE REVIEWED
- #1 FASTEST GROWING BRAND IN THE U.S. - Recognized as the fastest growing e-commerce retailer by Internet Retailer, Nectar is a memory foam bed-in-a-box mattress designed for every kind of sleeper. Nectar is part of the Resident House of Brands.
- TWO FREE PREMIUM PILLOWS INCLUDED - And with every mattress purchase, you also receive two free Nectar Premium Pillows. They will be found within the mattress packaging. ($150 value)
- INDUSTRY LEADING 180 NIGHT TRIAL- You can try Nectar risk-free for 180 night and return it if you are not 100% happy (180 night trial is for orders on Amazon only). This is nearly 3 months longer than the industry standard.
There are five air-wicking layers to keep you feeling cool and comfortable at night. The first layer is a cooling cover, and that is followed by two layers of gel memory foam, one adaptive high core memory foam layer, and a breathing base layer. The first inch of get memory foam is actually quilted right into the mattress cover.
The Nectar is a best mattress for side sleepers because it allows for deep contouring that relieves pressure points along the hips and spine. As a memory foam mattress, it is considered medium-soft, which is softer than medium. You'll get all the slow-melting sensation you crave when you choose the Nectar mattress.
Nectar mattress works on any type of foundation, including box spring, platform bed, or adjustable bed.
Amazon buyers enjoy a forever warranty on their Nectar mattresses.
This is one of the few mattresses with two flippable firmness levels so you can choose the one right for you. One level is soft and the other is firm. The mattress is infused with copper, which helps you get a cooler sleep at night.
The mattress is 10" tall with four total layers. The mattress cover is soft and infused with Thermogel which helps get ride of excess heat.
The top layer is copper-infused memory foam that offers deep compression support. The second is convoluted foam. The third is base poly foam with core support, and the final layer is another layer of antimicrobial copper-infused memory foam.
Customers report Layla is one of the best mattress for side sleeper. The 3" of memory foam provides the right amount of support along the hips and spine. The pressure relief is immediate.
The Layla mattress is easy to unbox. After it is delivered to your doorstep, put it on your bed or foundation, remove the wrapping, and unroll it. Within a few minutes, it will achieve its full size.
The Layla features a satisfaction or your money-back guarantee. Schedule a pickup with a local charity of your mattress, submit the evidence to Layla, and they will issue a refund.
- 3-layers of premium foam construction for support, breathability, and bounce
- Breathable open-cell foams have tiny pores to let hot air escape, keeping you cool at night
- Combination of softer foam for shoulder region and supportive firm foam for core and hip area
This mattress contains a cozy eleven inches of pure memory foam. The Casper Essential is Casper's budget mattress. If you are looking for greater support, go with the Original Casper or Casper Wave.
Eleven inches is slightly more than some of the others on our list. Casper Essential's top layer is breathable poly foam, the middle layer is a responsive memory foam, and the bottom layer is a durable poly support foam.
WHO IS THE CASPER ESSENTIAL GOOD FOR?
The Casper Essential is a great option for petite people and those who need a mattress for a child, guest room, or college student.
This offering from Casper is not especially firm. The Casper Team rates it a 5/10 for firmness. It is rated as a good mattress for side sleepers and doesn't add pressure to the hips and spine; but only for lighter-weight people.
Casper Essential comes with a 100-night sleep trial. If you don't like it after 30 days, Casper will pick up the mattress from your home and donate it to a local charity.
This Casper Sleep Essential Mattress features a 10-year warranty.
- PROVEN: Over a million people choose us every night. In fact, 95% of our customers keep and love their T&N Original Mattress. Featuring our own proprietary T&N Adaptive foam, the T&N Original Mattress is universally comfortable for all sleeping positions
- PROPRIETARY FOAM: Our T&N Adaptive foam is engineered based on customer feedback, and provides pressure relief where you need it most. An open-cell structure provides a flexible sleep surface that adjusts to you as you move throughout the night
- COOL SLEEPING: Our foam is more advanced than outdated materials such as latex and memory foam; the T&N Adaptive foam helps pull away heat with cooling graphite and gel beads. All of that is wrapped in our breathable plush cover, helping keeping you comfortable all night long
This is a 10-inch mattress with two layers: one layer of dense polyurethane foam and a top layer of proprietary T&N adaptive foam. The top layer incorporates gel and graphite into the construction. This is a mattress unlikely to be too controversial. It appeals to a broad range of people and different preferences of sleeping styles.
The Tuft & Needle Mattress is not recommended for heavier individuals. However, it is considered a best mattress for side sleeper. The bed starts out firm but will soften up, giving you the right amount of comfort and support.
The Tuft & Needle Mattress features a 10-year warranty.
- Natural latex mattress $1,000 less than other retailers! Free Shipping! Made in U.S.A.!
- 10 year warranty! Oeko-Tex 100, Class I certified natural latex. (Certification number: 12.HUS.10792) |
- Purchase includes mattress only. Mattress includes: One 10" organic cotton mattress case, Three 3" layers of natural dunlop latex
This mattress from Spindle features 10" of latex and an organic cotton mattress cover. The latex is OEKO-TEX 100 Class 1 Certified Latex. To get to ten inches, there are three, 3-inch layers of natural Dunlop latex plus a one-inch layer of wool batting that acts as a flame retardant.
Customers can choose from either the medium or firm option. A medium mattress has two medium 3" layers and one firm 3" layer. A firm mattress has one medium 3" layer and two firm 3" layers.
Either one could work for side sleepers. Some side sleepers may prefer the softer version.
This best mattress for side sleepers requires some assembly and will ship in 2-3 boxes depending on the size of the mattress you choose. Unlike some other mattresses on our list, customers are responsible for shipping should they want to return this best mattress for side sleepers.
SPINDLE offers a 10-year warranty should you notice any excess sagging (3/4" or more).
- The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora offers our coolest take yet on affordable luxury – the most advanced fabric on the market to deliver cooling benefits on contact on a mattress expertly crafted with breathable materials.
- Constructed with immediate response technology and individually encased coil support for exceptional pressure point relief.
- Available in soft, medium, or firm comfort levels to fit your individual sleep style.
The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora is a hybrid 13-inch mattress that keeps you cool at night with a special proprietary cooling technology.
There are five layers in this best mattress for slide sleeper. The first 1.5" layer is made of Copper Gel Energex foam with patent-pending Titancool cooling beads. The cooling beads melt when it gets hot to provide cooling relief that helps you sleep comfortably.
The second layer is 2" of Titan HyperElastic Foam that adjusts to you as you move. Third is 1" of Swirl Visco-elastic memory foam. Next is an 8" layer of Quantum Edge Pocketed Coils which mean you won't feel your partner move on the bed. Finally is a 1" layer of dense base support foam.
This best mattress for side sleeper comes in three comfort levels: soft, medium, and firm. Side sleepers who like the feeling of being "hugged" by their mattress should choose the soft option. If you sometimes sleep on your side but do change to other positions during the night, try the medium firmness,
Amazon offers a 30-day warranty on this product.
The Purple mattress features 9.5 inches of hyper-elastic polymer construction that makes it cooler than the traditional memory foam mattress. Free Flow AIr Technology means your mattress is breathable and doesn't trap heat.
This is considered a best mattress for side sleepers because it's actually specially designed for back and side sleepers. Your spine will stay in a straight line with this best mattress for side sleeper.
This Purple Mattress features 9.5 inches of comfort and a thin mattress cover. The top layer is 2" of a hyper-elastic polymer that has a gel-like feeling. Next is a 3.5" layer of plush comfort foam. Finally, the base layer is 4-inch layer of polyfoam.
Purple warranties the mattress itself for 10 years. The cover is under a two-year warranty.
- The ultimate contouring properties of the Dreamfoam iPedic Sojourn deliver targeted pressure point relief, coupled with advanced cooling technology and enhanced motion isolation for superior sleep.
- Custom crafted of four high quality foam layers, the Dreamfoam iPedic Sojourn features 1.5" of copper-graphite infused memory foam for optimal cooling and comfort; 2.5" of memory foam for additional cradling comfort; 2” layer of transition foam; and a 6" high-density base foam for superior support.
- Compressed and rolled for easy and convenient parcel shipping and set up.
The Dreamfoam iPedic Sojourn has 12" of gel memory foam. There are four layers total. The first layer is 6" of supportive base foam followed by a 2" transitional foam layer, 2.5" of memory foam and finally 1.5" of copper-graphite infused memory foam.
The supportive layers make this a best mattress for side sleepers.
This best mattress for side sleepers features a 10-year warranty.
- 8 Inch hybrid mattress combine hypallergenic memory foam with the traditional support of an innerspring mattress for a medium-firm feel perfect for kids rooms, guest beds, or an affordable low-profile option
- A plush layer of memory foam helps align the spine to minimize pressure points for increased comfort
- Finished with a cozy knit cover, this mattress is compressed as a bed in a box for convenient delivery and setup
The Linenspa Mattress is 8 inches of high-density airflow memory foam that comes in three firmness levels. There are four inches of memory foam and a base layer of high-density poly foam.
There are also Comfort+ options if customers aren't happy with the softness or firmness of their mattress. You can zip in an extra layer onto your mattress, and Novosbed will provide this for free. Some sleepers may want to look into the softer versions of this best mattress for side sleeper.
This mattress features a 15-year warranty.
- AS COOL AS IT GETS - Settle in to a bed made with our most cooling formula yet, promising perfectly temperature-regulated sleep and a clean feeling night after night, all thanks to our enveloping memory foam packed with cooling gel and green tea
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS - 2 inch ultra-cooling gel and green tea infused memory foam, 3 inches soft comfort foam, and 7 total inches durable high density base support foam; ideal for side sleepers and average-weight sleepers
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
The Zinus is 12 inches of comfortable, gel-infused green tea memory foam. There are 2 inches of gel memory foam, 3 inches of Comfort Foam, 3.5 inches of high-density foam, and 3.5 inches of high-density base support foam.
Natural green tea extract and charcoal absorb odors, and the gel-infused layer is both comfortable and supportive, making this a best mattress for side sleeper.
This mattress has a 10-year warranty.
Image via Pexels
After considering all the options for best mattress for side sleepers, there are a few that really stand out. If budget is not the top priority, we recommend the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora. It comes in three firmness levels and sleeps cool. Side sleepers can select exactly the firmness they want.
If you're on a budget, we recommend the DreamfoamiPedic Sojourn. It is a budget mattress that doesn't skimp on quality.