When you go shopping for a mattress, you certainly want to get the best value for the money – a mattress that is durable, efficient, comfortable and supportive, and that will help you improve your night’s sleep. The price for a very good mattress can range anywhere from a couple hundred dollars to as much as $7,000 or even more, depending on the features and specifications you look for in your future mattress. That being said, here you will find the best mattress under 2000, 1500, 1000, 500 & 100:
- 1 Best Mattress Under 2000
- 2 Best Mattress Under 1500
- 3 Best Mattress Under 1000
- 4 Best Mattress Under 500
- 5 Best Mattress Under 100
Best Mattress Under 2000
1. King Serta iComfort Hybrid Applause II Firm Mattress
- Helps reduce tossing and turning, which also relieves pressure points and decreases pain
- Helps keep you cool by drawing body heat away from the sleeping surface
- Top-of-the-line coil system that contours to the curves of your body and provides deep-down support
This is a firm-level mattress that is specifically designed by Serta for a low profile box spring. Available in a California King size, the mattress is made of gel memory foam with Cool Action properties designed to both relieve pressure and to offer targeted support. Moreover, the Cool Action feature of the gel also offers enhanced cooling comfort while creating a firmer feel. The mattress also features a unique and individually wrapped, coil to coil support system.
2. Simmons Beautyrest Comforpedic from Beautyrest
- AirCool memory foam mattress
- California King-size
- Plush comfort
As the name suggests, this mattress by ComforPedic by Beautyrest is designed to provide the user with the ultimate comfort and luxury. Made from firm memory foam of the highest quality, the mattress is available in a king size and the True Temp Gel within it is designed to absorb and store the excess zone, thus keeping you in your comfortable temperature zone throughout the entire night.
This mattress comes with rows of sculpted cushions that ensure an independent support for your entire body – the mattress will instantly mold around the shapes of your body and it will significantly reduce the motion transfer. At the same time, the Air Cool Edge technology is designed to boost the air flow and to add to both the stability and support of the mattress, while the mesh border fabric is made from a high-tech material that improves breathability.
Best Mattress Under 1500
3. The Simmons Comforpedic Luxury Firm Memory Foam
- Features: • 9.5” High • 9.5” CPA Zippered Bucket • 9.5” CPA Core • 1” 4.0 AirCool Memory Foam with TruTemp Gel • 1” Firm Comfort Foam • 2” 4.5 LB AirCool Memory Foam • 2” Independent Support Technology • 3.5” AirCool Transflexion Core • 1.65 LB 45 ILD AirCool Edge Support • 25 Year Warranty
- Height 10" Approx., 10 year warranty, The Boxspring is 8" high. (If you'd like a Low Profile Boxsprin please email us). Bed Frame is NOT included
Available in a king size, this is a set that consists in a mattress and a box spring and it is brought to you by Simmons. The mattress measures 9.5 inches in height, it is made from Air Cool memory foam with a density of 4.5 pounds per square foot enriched with True Temp Gel. The mattress also features a 45 ILD Air Cool Edge Support and it comes with a 25-year limited warranty offered by the manufacturer.
4. The Beautyrest Recharge World Class Manorville
- Beautyrest Pocketed Coil Technology: Hundreds of our pocketed coils provide conforming back support and motion separation for an undisturbed sleep
- AirCool and Gel Foams: AirCool foam provides support and airflow while a comfort foam layer infused with GelTouch adds additional pressure relief
- AirCool Memory Foam with Micro GelTouch: AirCool Memory Foam provides pressure relief, freedom of movement and a comfortable sleeping temperature
This extra firm mattress by Beautyrest comes in a King size and it features the exquisite Beautyrest pocketed coil technology. The mattress is made of hundreds of pocketed coils for the best back support and motion separation.
Regarding the contents of the mattress, the Beautyrest Recharge World Class Manorville is made of Air Cool foam that offers an unparalleled airflow and body support, along with an efficient pressure point relief. The mattress also features the Micro Gel Touch technology for an unmatched freedom of movement, and for a truly comfortable sleeping temperature. The air cool design of the mattress also helps the mattress breathe, thus increasing both its lifespan and its overall performance.
Best Mattress Under 1000
5. The Dynasty Mattress New Cool Breeze Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- 3" Gel Foam! Sleep Cool Technology Foam! 120 day trial!
- Dual 2" State of the Art Cool Airflow Foam, 5" High density foam for ultimate support base!
- Made with High Quality and durable 4-layer construction! CertiPUR-US certified
This is a 12-inch thick gel memory foam mattress available in a king size that will take your comfort and night’s sleep to the next level. The mattress features an exquisite three-layer construction, and it also has an extra thick layer of gel memory foam that will add to your comfort while offering a great, high-quality pressure point relief.
The mattress is specifically designed to mold itself after the body shape of the user, thus offering a great and customized sleeping experience. Measuring 76-inches in width and 80-inches in length, the mattress comes with a 20 year limited warranty from the manufacturer along with a 120 day trial.
The Dynasty gel memory foam mattress has a dual, two-inch thick state of the art cool airflow foam layer coupled with a five inch thick high density foam base layer, it is CertiPUR-US certified and it comes with a luxurious white cover that serves as an efficient and reliable fire barrier.
6. The ABRIPEDIC By Royal’s King Mattress
- 12" Thick with 2-inches foam layer, 2-inches of memory foam comfort layer and 8 inches of High density foam base
- Gel formula memory foam is infused with gel beads to capture and distribute heat
- Removable and washable Soft Mattress cover included (zipper opening)
This is yet another 12-inch thick cool gel memory foam mattress. It is 100% CertiPUR-US certified and it comes with a long-term 25 year warranty offered by the manufacturer. The mattress is the ultimate luxury statement for those who are looking for a way to improve their comfort, it measures 80 inches in length and 76 inches in width and the memory foam found in the mattress is infused with gel beads designed to absorb and distribute the heat evenly.
The mattress offers an unmatched airflow and body weight distribution, and it is specifically designed by Abripedic for those who suffer from back, neck and shoulder pain and who want a comfortable and cost-effective mattress that reduces the pressure points. This mattress has antimicrobial properties, it is resistant to dust mites, mold, bacteria and allergens and it supports a healthy sleeping environment. 4. The
The mattress features a two-inch thick cool gel memory foam along with a two-inch thick memory foam comfort layer, and ultimately an 8 inch thick high density foam base. The mattress has a removable and washable soft mattress cover that has as zipper opening designed to facilitate its removal.
Best Mattress Under 500
7. The Sleep Innovations SureTemp Memory Foam Mattress
- DUAL LAYER DESIGN 12" mattress features 2.5" premium Suretemp memory foam top layer and 9.5" long-lasting base foam.
- CLOUDLIKE COMFORT Our most advanced Suretemp memory foam gently conforms to your body shape, relieving pressure points for undisturbed sleep.
- JUST RIGHT FOR EVERY TYPE Whatever your sleep position or body type, the medium firm feel of Shiloh provides all-night comfort that leads to all-day energy.
Made by Sleep Innovations, this is a queen size memory foam mattress that comes with a 20 year limited warranty. The mattress features two different layers: the first one measures 2.5 inches in thickness and it is made of high-quality, breathable SureTemp memory foam while the bottom layer (the base layer) measures 9.5 inches in thickness and offers an efficient body support from head to toe, ensuring a cool and comfortable deep night’s sleep.
The SureTemp memory foam features an advanced foam technology and strengthened cell walls designed to increase the body support and the air flow, while speeding up the muscle recovery. The mattress is very durable and it has a therapeutic effect on the body of the sleeper, its comfort levels vary between medium-soft and medium-firm and it is specifically designed to reduce tossing and turning during the night by relieving the pressure points and properly aligning the spine.
The mattress is also designed to be very resistant to allergens and dust mites, and you do not need to flip or turn it on a constant basis. The mattress is made of a 3 pound density memory foam for maximum therapeutic support, it eliminates the motion transfer and it conforms to your body. The mattress measures 80 inches in length and 60 inches in width and it comes with a luxurious poly cotton blend mattress cover that is very easy to clean and pleasant to the touch.
8. The DreamFoam Bedding Queen Mattress
- 11" Foam Mattress with zipper top and multiple foam levels. Perfect mattress for your every night mattress or the guestroom.
- Achieve any comfort level with 12 different foam combinations and our Patent Pending Color System.
- Next Generation Dual Sided Mattress for Added Comfort and Durability.
This is a 12-in-1 customizable queen size mattress by DreamFoam that is specifically designed to mold around the needs and the sleeping pattern of the user. The mattress features three 3-inch thick layers of foam of the highest quality, and each layer has a different level of comfort that ranges anywhere from ultra soft to ultra firm.
The mattress is entirely made in the United States of America and it is CertiPUR-US certified, meaning that all the poly foam that was used for creating the base, the medium and the top layer of the mattress has been rigorously tested and CertiPUR-certified.
This mattress measures 11 inches in thickness, it comes with a zipper top and multiple foam levels. It can be used either as a permanent night sleep mattress or as a temporary mattress for the guest room, its unique Color System is currently pending patent and it is basically a next-gen dual sided mattress that adds to the comfort and pleasure of the sleeper.
Best Mattress Under 100
9. The Signature Sleep Essential Six-Inch Thick Twin Mattress
- 1" layer of foam and 5" layer of 13.5 gauge coil springs
- The reversible feature provides extra versatility enabling you to flip and rotate the mattress to even out the wear and last for years to come
- Ideal as a bunk bed mattress, daybed mattress and trundle mattress
Available in a luxurious white color, this twin six-inch thick mattress by Signature Sleep is rates as one of the cheapest and most efficient mattresses under $100. This essential mattress is specifically designed to retain both its shape and its performance over the years, it comes with a 6-inch thick innerspring coil support system that is made from sturdy 13.5 gauge tempered steel coils and it is designed to meet all the Federal flammability standards.
The mattress contains 216 tempered steel coils and it features cushioning layers for dream-worthy comfort, and it also comes with 2 insulation pads that are made entirely from high-quality polyester along with two foam layers located right under the coils, designed to protect the innerspring coil system while also offering sufficient resilience for unparalleled comfort.
In addition to this, all the foam that was used when manufacturing this Signature Sleep mattress is CertiPUR-US certified, meaning that it prevents all the volatile organic compounds from being released into the atmosphere. As mentioned above, the mattress is fully compliant with the standard 16 CFR 1633, and it is designed to fit virtually any standard twin-size bed frame.
10. The Home Life Comfort Sleep
- Mattress comes compressed and rolled for easy shipping
- Fits any Standard King Bed Frame
- Quality foam and polyester layering between cover and coils for optimal comfort
Last, but not least, this is yet another six-inch thick mattress under $100. Available in a king size, this mattress is brought to you by Home Life and it is specifically designed to offer your body a great head to toe support by aligning your spine and keeping your vertebrae straight and in the right position throughout the entire night.
This king-size mattress is made with 480 tempered steel coils that are independently encased and that are aimed at ensuring an efficient and even weight distribution, thus relieving any and all pressure points and preventing aches and pain that may occur around the shoulders, the neck, the back and the hip area.
The independently encased innercoil structure of the mattress also aims to reduce the motion disturbance during the night, and the mattress comes with a high-quality layer of polyester and quality foam located between the coils and the cover, thus ensuring optimal comfort. The mattress is designed to fit into any standard king size bed frame.
How To Choose The Best And Most Affordable Mattress That Fits Your Budget
When you are on a tight budget, it is very important to find mattresses that do not exceed a certain limit, and this can be very challenging – especially if you know exactly what you want from the ideal mattress. The good news is that there are more than 600 different mattress manufacturers and sellers in the United States of America, which means that you have where to choose from. That being said, here are some useful tips and hints that will help you save some money:
1. Buy The Bed Frame And The Mattress Separately
It often happens that manufacturers offer “promotional packages” that include both the bed frame and the mattress, at a certain price. The main benefit is that by purchasing this package, you can be sure that the mattress perfectly matches the frame. However, it is not uncommon for the price of these two items combined to exceed their individual price, and this is certainly not the smartest move if you want to save some money.
2. Innerspring Vs. Memory Foam
Another important aspect that you need to take into account when shopping for a truly comfortable and supportive mattress is its inner mechanism of action. Innerspring mattresses are very cheap and durable, but sometimes they may not be as resilient as you’d like them to be, and in some cases you may feel the coils pushing against your back, hip, neck or shoulder areas.
On the other hand, memory foam is the most popular and preferred mattress material at the moment, as it is very versatile, it offers a great support and pressure point relief and it is very reliable at the same time. Unfortunately, it often happens that innerspring mattresses last two to three times more than memory foams.
3. Try The Mattress Before Buying It
While it is true that online testimonials and customer reviews can certainly help you make an opinion about the mattress that best meets your needs, it is highly recommended to look for a mattress that comes with a 30-day trial period. Better be safe than sorry!
The Bottom Line
To conclude, the three most important aspects that you need to pay attention to when searching for a mattress within a certain price range is its price tag, its size and its type. Bigger mattresses tend to be more expensive, this is why it is highly recommended to opt for a twin mattress if you are on a very tight budget