Buying a mattress may prove a difficult chore at the best of times, but due to our current circumstances, you may need to know how to buy a mattress online. Faced with so many options to choose from, it can feel a bit daunting. However, it would help if you also had a good night’s sleep.
Whether you want a conventional mattress or need to know how to buy a foam mattress online, the last thing you want to do is to make a mistake. We don’t know when we may safely return to the stores or feel comfortable venturing out into the world. Therefore, we need to have confidence and learn how to buy a mattress online.
How to Buy a Mattress Online
As with any internet purchase, when we learn how to buy a mattress online, we need to feel confident with our purchase. As with most things, a little research and an understanding of the company’s returns policies may help. It also helps to know the type of mattress that best suits your body when you look into buying a mattress online.
Reviews will aid your understanding of the various benefits regarding mattress types, so it always helps to take the time to read them before you purchase. Furthermore, understanding your sleep patterns may prove a useful tool for your next mattress. Ensuring a good night’s sleep starts with a comfortable mattress, so it is always worth reading up on as many tips as you can so that you understand how to buy a mattress online.
Try Before We Buy
Gone are the days when we could try before we buy. The current situation and lockdowns mean that trips to the stores feel like a distant luxury. However, while bricks and mortar shops struggle, online retailers have experienced a surge in sales. However, you don’t want the allure of an excellent online deal to end up as a bad experience.
The pandemic has resulted in a shocking downturn in retail sales. However, online purchases have helped many retailers. Consequently, the returns policy for many online stores has changed to the benefit of the consumer with longer return times. When you need to know how to buy a mattress online, this type of comprehensive return policy goes a long way to comfort the customer.
Study the retailers return policy
Items as large as mattresses tend to have their own return policies. Check the details on the retailer’s site to see how it affects you and your rights. For instance, do they deliver? Will they take away your old mattress? Do they provide you with a trial period?
Recommended Read: How to Make Your Mattress Last Longer
If the retailer offers a trial period for their mattresses, then this enables the consumer to buy with confidence. In many ways, such an arrangement may prove more beneficial than purchasing your mattress in-store because you have the chance to sleep on your new purchase.
When you check out a mattress in-store, you may sit on it or lay down on it for a few minutes. While it may feel comfortable, you don’t know for sure until you have a decent night’s sleep using the mattress. A trial period at home gives you the chance to do just that and may prove more beneficial when making an online purchase. Therefore, when you learn how to buy a mattress online, this factor must remain furthermost in your mind.
Read the Reviews
Get as many hints and tips as you can when you discover how to buy a mattress online. The more you read up on various mattresses, the better and more confident you will be to make your choice.
Read as many reviews as you can
Reviews remain incredibly important to big investment items, especially mattresses. Understanding how other customers rated their purchases may help you make an informed decision on a particular brand and mattress type. More often than not, a consumer will explain how the mattress benefitted them in their review, and this may prove particularly relevant to you.
You may suffer from back or hip pain. Consequently, you may consider a memory foam mattress. However, reviews may point out that memory foam mattresses are not suitable for particular types of pain.
Reading up on the pros and cons of a review will highlight the benefits that are pertinent to you. Users of a product tend to be brutal in their honesty when they write a review, and this can only benefit you as the consumer.
Recommended Read: Best Mattress for Side Sleeper
How to Buy a Mattress Online That’s Right
A good mattress forms the cornerstone of a good night’s sleep. Furthermore, the right mattress will support your body where it is most needed. The mattress should gently support your whole body and keep your spine in a good, neutral position so as not to cause back pain. How you sleep, and the position you sleep in will affect the quality of your slumber.
Consequently, to aid your understanding of how to buy a mattress online, it is worth knowing a little bit about the various types of mattresses.
Firmness makes the difference
These days, there exist many types of mattresses with all sorts of exotic names. However, we have compiled some basics for you to aid your mattress buying mission.
Innerspring mattresses form the most traditional and well-known type of mattress. The mattresses have steel coils or springs inside them to help support your body. Additionally, a layer of foam is added as a comfort layer with fabric covering the entire structure. Furthermore, innerspring mattresses come in a variety of firmness levels that you must consider when you look into how to buy a mattress online.
Innerspring mattresses don’t contour to your body as well as other mattress types, and they remain prone to sagging over time. Consequently, it would help if you turned an innerspring mattress regularly.
- ◆【Comfortable & Supportive Mattress】-Crystli 10 Inches Memory Foam with Individually Wrapped Innerspring Mattress allows you to get a comfortable night's sleep.This spring mattress is thick, breathable,medium firm and quick to assemble.It may be a little soft for sleepers over 200 pounds.You will have a handsome sleep with this mattress.
- ◆【10-inch Queen Mattress】: 60 x 80 inch with high-density mixed foam and medium-hardness temperature neutral, sports isolation. This is a high-quality double mattress with a fire-resistant polyester barrier with flammability standards to help you spend a good night.
- ◆【Pocket Coil Spring Mattress】: The high-quality carbon steel spring coil has high flexibility and can provide excellent customized support for your skeletal system. Through heat treatment and tempering, rust and deformation can be prevented, so it has high durability.
- 8 inch hybrid mattress combine hypallergenic memory foam with the traditional support of an innerspring mattress for a medium-firm feel perfect for kids rooms, guest beds, or an affordable low-profile option
- A plush layer of memory foam helps align the spine to minimize pressure points for increased comfort
- Finished with a cozy knit cover, this mattress is compressed as a bed in a box for convenient delivery and setup
Memory foam mattresses
Memory foam mattresses are made entirely from foam and sculpt themselves to the shape of your body. Consequently, memory foam mattresses offer excellent support to targeted areas of your body and keep your spine in a good position.
Unfortunately, you may find that memory foam traps heat, which some people may find uncomfortable.
- THE RIGHT COMBINATION - Our special recipe for rejuvenating rest? Refreshing green tea and moisture-absorbing ActivCharcoal infused into pressure-relieving memory foam that cradles your shape so you awake free of aches and pains and fresh as a daisy
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS - 3 inches conforming memory foam, 2 inches soft, airflow enhancing comfort foam, and 7 inches durable, high density base support foam; ideal for side sleepers and petite to average weight sleepers
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- 60" W x 80" L x 12" H
- 2 inches of gel-infused memory foam combined 3 inches of gel-infused foam draws heat away from your body for a more comfortable night's sleep
- 7 inches of conforming high-density base foam provides surrounding support and responsive relief that helps evenly distribute pressure points in any sleeping position
Hybrid mattresses use a pocketed coil support. Furthermore, they contain multiple layers of foam for added comfort, and like memory foam, they can contour themselves to your body.
The hybrid mattress offers an excellent compromise because you attain the comfort of a memory foam mattress with the firmness of an innerspring mattress.
- Memory foam infused with bamboo charcoal eliminates odors and cradles your body while you sleep
- High-quality transition foam infused with aloe vera creates a calming and relaxing sleep environment that promotes daily freshness
- Enduring and conformable medium-plush support is provided by individually-wrapped, high-quality steel coils
- COOL, CALM & COMFY - This mattress delivers the 3 C’s of sleep, even if your partner likes to practice their dance moves in bed; our cooling swirl memory foam and independent coil system eliminate excess heat and motion from a sleeping partner, for sleep that’s no sweat
- CONFORMING FOAM & POCKET SPRINGS – Layers of soft comfort foam, cooling swirl memory foam, supportive fusion foam and motion-isolating independent pocket springs provide customized pressure relief and rest that’s cool and undisturbed
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
Latex mattresses use foam latex and offer a bouncy contour for your body. The latex is made from rubber trees and forms a rounded hug to your shape to give a comfortable night’s sleep.
However, latex mattresses tend to reach a higher-end price tag and may give off bad smells for a little while.
- Mattress comes compressed and rolled for shipping and easy setup. For best results, please allow product to expand in an area that is well ventilated and at constant room temperature as well.
- Backed by a 10-year warranty against manufacturer defects
- 100 NIGHT RISK-FREE TRIAL: IF YOU ARE UNSATISFIED WITH THIS MATTRESS, YOU CAN RETURN IT FOR A FULL REFUND UP TO 100 DAYS FROM DATE OF RECEIPT
- Your purchase includes One LUCID 12-Inch Latex Hybrid Mattress - Twin XL
- Product dimensions: 39" W x 80" L x 12" H
- Compatible with Box Spring, platform, metal grid, slatted and adjustable bed bases
Airbeds use an electric pump to fill an air chamber inside the mattress. Usually, an airbed has a layer of foam around it to form a comfort layer.
Additionally, because you can determine the amount of firmness with an airbed, you have control over the support they provide.
- FIRM TWIN SIZE MATTRESS: Intex Twin Airbed features Fiber-Tech interior construction for firmness and a velvety soft surface to make for a good night sleep wherever you are
- RAISED & COMFORTABLE: Mattress raised 16.5 inches from the floor for your comfort and convenience
- PILLOW INCLUDED: No extra pillows needed as the built-in pillow provides comfy support when laying down
- Approximate inflation time 4 3/4 minutes
- The sleeping surface is covered in soft flocking for extra comfort, and the indented sides keep your fitted sheets from slipping
- The convenient hand carry bag is perfect for storage and transport
Sign up to Newsletters
Many online retailers send out newsletters. Consequently, if you sign up for a newsletter, you may receive a discount code as a thank you. Therefore, if you think you want to purchase a mattress, it may prove worth it to sign up for newsletters that offer discounts.
How to Buy a Mattress Online, Answered
When you consider how to buy a mattress online, the trick is, don’t feel intimidated. While it is a large purchase, buying it online should not prove any more difficult than buying one in-store.
More often than not, you may buy a mattress cheaper online than you will in-store. Also, make sure you understand the returns policy of the retailer before you buy it. Ideally, you want delivery of your mattress with an option for a free pick up should it prove unsuitable for your needs.
Read the reviews to understand the pros and cons of the various types of mattresses. Also, make sure you have a basic understanding of each type of mattress so that you feel confident with your purchase.
Moreover, it is essential to know what you require from a mattress. Do you need one that supports and forms to your body shape, or do you need something firmer?
When you need to know how to buy a mattress online, confidence and information remain key to your purchase. If in doubt, look for a contact number or email for the supplier and send them some questions if you cannot find the answer. Any online retailer will be more than happy to help you.
Do you have any experience of buying mattresses online? If so, then why not leave a comment below to share your ideas.
Sean Kerr lives in Cardiff, Wales, and is a published author with over 10 novels to his name so far and still counting. Sean also writes home and garden articles for Today Top Reviews, GardenAware, DishwasherGuides, and others. As well as writing his next bestseller, Sean also runs a successful Jewelry making business and sells his creations online.
Last update on 2021-04-17 at 16:45 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API